Vagrant – running a box in windows 7
1. Download and install virtual box from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
and start up the virtual box.
2. Download and install vagrant from http://downloads.vagrantup.com/
I had my vagrant installed in the location C:HashiCorpVagrant.
And added C:HashiCorpVagrant;C:HashiCorpVagrantbin to windows environment path.
3. Also install putty from http://www.putty.org/ for SSH access to the box
4. I had issues installing the box image using vagrant command, through internet. So I downloaded them and copied them and initiated it locally.
For this I created a project location C:HashiCorpVagrantProjectsVM
And I downloaded the box file or copied the box file from the url http://files.vagrantup.com/lucid32.box to the default box file location %userprofile%.vagrant.dboxes
5. Add the downloaded box.
For this open the windows command prompt as administrator and add the box to vagrant list using command,
> vagrant box add lucid32 %userprofile%.vagrant.dboxeslucid32.box –provider virtualbox
note : replace %userprofile% with the location to .vagrant.d folder
6. Go to the project location C:HashiCorpVagrantProjectsVM and run the command
> vagrant init lucid32
it will create a vagrant configuration file in the current project location
7. Now start up the VM using the box image lucid32 by running the command
> vagrant up
username : vagrant
Now you are in the vm.